No. We are strictly a radon mitigation company but work with radon testers in the area to ensure safe readings for our clients. Homeowners can also purchase DIY radon tests from many home supply stores. Some home kits instruct you to mail the completed test to the lab for a fee. Results are then calculated and mailed back to you.
No. The only safe level of radon gas is 0 pCi/L. (pCi/L is measurement of radioactivity in the air.) Outdoor levels of radon are approximately 0.4 pCi/L. EPA advised Take Action Level is 4.0 pCi/L for homes.
No. The US Surgeon General and EPA strongly advise every homeowner test their home for radon gas.
Pricing varies due to age/model/construction of home. To provide the most accurate price, we prefer to come have a look at the property. That way, we can answer any questions you have. Call us for a FREE, hassle free estimate today!
Everyone deserves to breathe healthy air at home. Radon is proven to be the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers by the American Lung Association. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer overall after cigarette smoke. Lowering elevated radon levels is easy! Simply test your home for radon and hire a State Licensed radon mitigation contractor to install a radon reduction system. An educated consumer will get multiple bids. Call the EXPERTS in the Industry, Radon Reduction Systems, Inc.
The US Surgeon General recommends ALL homes be tested for radon gas. It’s a simple way to ensure a healthier home environment for you and your family. Radon is measured in picocuries per liter of air (pCi/L), a measurement of radioactivity. You can either hire a State Licensed radon testing professional or buy a Do It Yourself home test kit from any home supply stores. One should not assume their neighbor’s radon level is the same as their home. Levels vary from home to home. Protect your family from the risk of radon exposure. Give yourself peace of mind and test your home today!
It is to everyone’s benefit to protect themselves from radon gas exposure. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer worldwide. The Environmental Protection Agency has set the action level for mitigation at 4.0 pCi/L. Most scientists agree that the risk of death for radon at 4 pCi/L is approximately 1 in 100. At a 4.0 pCi/L level, radon carries approximately 1000 times the risk of death compared with any other EPA carcinogen. Lung cancer risk rises 16% per 2.7 pCi/L. Radon Act 51 passed by Congress set the outdoor level of radon gas (0.4 pCi/L) as the target radon level for indoor radon levels although there is no safe level of radon exposure. If you are buying a home, the sellers are required by law to disclose existing radon levels at or above 4.0 pCi/L to the prospective buyer. An educated consumer will seek a radon test during the inspection process and mitigate if level tests at or above 4.0 pCi/L.
- Free radon mitigation estimates for all residential properties
- Installation of passive and active radon reduction systems
- 5 year, fully transferable guarantee on all installed active systems
- Fully insured
- 5 year guarantee on installed active systems
- Fully transferrable guarantee
- Fully insured for your protection
Radon Reduction Systems, Inc., encourages customers to visit Angie’s List or Yelp and review our job to ensure service satisfactory. Rate us 5 stars if completely satisfied with our service. If you rate us below 5 stars, please explain why so we understand how to better serve our clients.
- All technicians are State Licensed by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)
- State Radon Professionals License since 1994
- 40 years State Licensed Plumber
- 13,000 + successful jobs
- Family owned and operated since 1991
- Call us for a FREE estimate for existing radon conditions
- 10% discount if seller of home uses our service for both home of sale and home of purchase
- All exterior fan systems are covered with a fan housing. This fan housing protects the fan from outdoor conditions. Choose white or black.
- All fan systems include a condensation bypass system (click on link to view photo) to ensure fan longevity.
- All fan systems placed on the exterior of the home utilize gutter to exit radon flow above the highest eve. Choose from a variety of gutter colors to best suit your home. We will use PVC upon request.